You need to be a member and logged into our website when participating in this contest. Visiting our website and reading news is not enough, because we cannot award points to anonymous visitors. Please read the rules below very carefully.
What is it about?
Naija Dailies has been growing quickly and steadily in traffic since it was launched in July 2013. Bonanza for our dear fans is our own little way of saying thank you. We really appreciate your loyalty that have driven us to prominence these years. We also know that every one of our fans is worth more than ₦100,000. It is only a widow's mite!
Since we cannot share ₦100,000 amongst our numerous fans, we need some contest to determine a winner. It's going to be winner takes all now, but in future we might have multiple winners and contests in a year. Please read our contest rules carefully.
In order to make the contest simple, fun, fair, and successful, we made the following rules:
- You must have a Naija Dailies or Facebook account to be able to participate.
- You must be at least 18 years of age before you can take part in this contest. We'll request proof of age if you win.
- This contest is available to all Nigerians, living within and outside Nigeria. We'll request proof of identity if you win.
- Relatives and family members of Naija Dailies owners and employees are automatically disqualified from this contest.
- The person who reads most news on our website from February 13th to December 20th 2016, wins the contest. We'll only count news as read when you read the full story.
- If two or more people have equal number of news reads on our website, the person with the highest number of visits to our website wins.
- If two or more people have equal number of news reads and visits to our website, the person with the smallest number of wins since the history of this contest wins.
- If two or more people have equal number of news reads and visits to our website, and have the same number of wins since the history of this contest, the person who signed up first on our website wins.
- If two or more people have equal number of news reads and visits to our website, have the same number of wins since the history of this contest, and signed up on our website at the same time, nobody wins.
We cannot count your visits or number of news you read unless you are logged into our website.
If you're interested in entering this contest and don't already have Naija Dailies or Facebook account, please sign up now.
- You must log out at the end of every visit to indicate the end of your visit, otherwise your next visit may not be counted.
- You must visit our website at least 50 times and read at least 150 news to win.
- Any person who attempts or engages in fraud, or is suspected of cheating while participating in this contest will be disqualified and possibly banned from future contests.
- If for any reason we do not get any response in 48 hours after contacting a contest winner, we'll award the prize to the next person on the list. Please ensure Naija Dailies emails do not go into your spam folder.
- For promotional purposes, we may request and display your photo and name on our website as a condition for awarding you the winner's prize.
- Please do not fall prey to scammers. If you receive any email regarding this contest, make sure the sender's email address ends with naijadailies.com. Do NOT send money to anybody.
We'll not change these rules in the middle of contest. But we reserve the right to modify the rules at the beginning of a new contest and disqualify anybody who do not follow the rules. We also reserve the right to deduct points for invalid or repeated read of the same news. We recommend that you do your best to read as naturally as possible, no smart moves please.
We'll announce the winner of the contest on December 21st
, 2016. Payment will be made as soon as possible, but most likely between December 21st
, 2016 through bank transfer. In the case of a winner not having a bank account, we'll use any legally available means to pay the winner. Naija Dailies will take care of bank transfer and any other payment charges. Please be prepared to provide us your account or contact details if required.